Abstract and Introduction

There is a problem with the Gila cypha (commonly known as the humpback chub) population in the Grand Canyon. Despite attempts to increase or maintain the population, continual death combined with a lack of reproduction is occurring. This problem has negatively impacted the ecosystem in the Grand Canyon because of a loss of diversity. A possible cause of this problem is pH levels. Perhaps a study which investigates a correlation between pH, flow rate, and fish population along the entire Colorado River could remedy this situation. I would do this by analyzing changes in pH from USGS and Gila cypha population data also from USGS. From my research thus far, I have found nothing like this in the current larger field of study. This is where I will post updates on my findings.

Comments

  1. Just to let you know, there was an article in the paper the other day about the Humpback Chub and preserving the specie by relocating the population, I think. Check the Daily Sun record for the last week of January/first week in February.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 7